Rhyl40k
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum based on discussions and games of wargaming in rhyl

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

i love it

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
steelwraith
Admin

i love it Empty
PostSubject: i love it   i love it EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:26 am

i really like the kill team mission , as an eldar player, the codex seems to be built for just this type of game , who needs a hq unit when an exarch is just as good at this points level , banshee exarch , excutioner and fnp or wraithgaurd with infiltrate anyone Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Raga

Raga

i love it Empty
PostSubject: Re: i love it   i love it EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:04 am

Its all about the veteran squad in a vendetta mate....catch me if you can bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
steelwraith
Admin

i love it Empty
PostSubject: Re: i love it   i love it EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 2:20 pm

easy and cheesey

fire dragons +ex with pike and crack shot , all spread out, dont matter where u turbo to , i'll get ya (u have to fly normal to shoot ) or i got shinning spears , they can keep up and get that rear armour. i wont win everygame , but it definately wont be as 1 sided as u think Smile

though do think that they should have included the "no vehical with armour above 33" rule.
Back to top Go down
razorsteel

razorsteel

i love it Empty
PostSubject: Re: i love it   i love it EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 6:57 pm

no to short range even in a small game, the kill range is 24 and if a bolter fires twice it still can hit two models as long as there both in range and LOS, sternguard would get you at range , elder Harlequins and a Vyper didn't stop them. in such a small game you feel each mans death as you get closer to break

Melta weapon are good but to short, elitle troops may seem good but if that the plan then it with quick fall apart number helps alot in this game type to guardsmen, orks and Nids in swarms on men can hurt and kill.

I've play with and vs alot of unit types and i think that core troops win alot more in this game type. 6 noise marine 5 sonicblaster and one masterblaster is a hell of alot of firepower in a small game, there are so many units that can be used just don't over look them for the shiner models
Back to top Go down
http://razorsteel.deviantart.com/
steelwraith
Admin

i love it Empty
PostSubject: Re: i love it   i love it EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 7:09 pm

sry nic, but u are a bit off target there fella

no to short range even in a small game,
thats if u plan on not moving Smile

a bolter fires twice it still can hit two models as long as there both in range and LOS,
sry - thats wrong , bolter fires twice at 1 target on rapid fire, each man is an individual unit

sternguard would get you at range
so would alot of other things , that aint the point if ur moving and using cover to minimise the range advantage.

elder Harlequins and a Vyper didn't stop them.
wouldn't personaly use them

in such a small game you feel each mans death as you get closer to break
unless u give ur leader stubborn Smile (and if hes a warlock with enbolden.....)
Back to top Go down
sirens_slave

i love it Empty
PostSubject: Re: i love it   i love it EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:33 pm

Nastiest thing i've seen is :

4 Bloodcrushers

3 nurgling bases....

all immune to instant death and deep striking right next to you...eep!!!
Back to top Go down
razorsteel

razorsteel

i love it Empty
PostSubject: Re: i love it   i love it EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 10:59 pm

the bolter can it twice all attacks can to split agenst deffat target this was clean up when me Dave, cragy and liam play two todays ago, so your saying that 4 people who read the rule twice each got it wrong.

the Sternguard have ammo round for all type expled termintors so that cover you like so much is not going to help

and as for stubben you use the higist leadership on the field not the model and if it did its only for him but warlock with enbolden i didn't know it helped with leadership but as i can see thats ok to use.
Back to top Go down
razorsteel

razorsteel

i love it Empty
PostSubject: Re: i love it   i love it EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 11:02 pm

Sorry very bad spelling there.

the bolter can fire twice and split its fire, all attacks can to split agenst deffat target this was clean up when me Dave, cragy and liam play two todays ago, its somthing i did read but didn't put two and two together.
Back to top Go down
steelwraith
Admin

i love it Empty
PostSubject: Re: i love it   i love it EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 7:56 pm

im sry my bad , u are right about the split fire , i totaly missed that sentance doh!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

i love it Empty
PostSubject: Re: i love it   i love it Empty

Back to top Go down

i love it
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rhyl40k :: Wargaming :: Kill Team (From the Battle Missions)-
Jump to: